Sunday, August 28, 2005

We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog.....

I have for the past two days. as most natives of New Orleans, watched endless feed and updates on "Hurricane Katrina."

I am in Texas now, but know how incredibly vunerable New Orleans can be in a situation like Katrina. Past threats of lesser tropical monsters have always made that "miraculous" last minute turn. It's like you could hear this huge "WHEW!" after each dodge of the bullet. It's seems there is no escape this time.

As I write this Katrina is a Category 5 storm with winds of 175 m.p.h. (gusts to 216.) Imagine a huge F3 tornado headed your way except hurricanes do not retreat into the sky above you. I know my family has evacuated to safer destinations. The city of my birth will overcome anything that is tossed it's way and Katrina is no exception.

As heard in so many Catholic masses I have attended as a child and yound adult, I deem it appropriate to say: "Through the intercession of Our Lady of Prompt Succor may New Orleans and all the surrounding areas be spared the forcasted devastation of this horrible meteorlogical event."

-Matt